Translate

Wednesday 29 June 2016

The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1

 

 

The Letter of St. Paul

 to 

The Romans 

 Chapter 

1

 

 

1. Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2. which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy scriptures, 3. the gospel concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh 4. and was declared to be Son of God with power according to the spirit of holiness by resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,  5. through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for the sake of his name, 6. including yourselves who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.

 

 (The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verses 1 to 6)

 

Oh God my Father, even though I am not an apostle, You have given me this assignment of praying on the Bible and sharing these prayers to all who have a desire to know You and make an experience of You in their hearts Amen. 





7. To all God's beloved in Rome, who are called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.



(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verse 7)


Oh God, my Father I thank You for the special calling that You have given us that of being 'Saints'. As Christians, we have all the guidelines on how to live a life of holiness as found in the Bible . I pray oh God my Father that we live according to the commandments that you have given us and according to the teachings that You have given us by means of Your Holy Spirit by means of these letters that You permitted to be part of the Bible Amen.




8. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed throughout the world. 9. For God, whom I serve with my spirit by announcing the gospel of his Son, is my witness that without ceasing I remember you always in my prayers, 10. asking  that by God's will I may somehow at last succeed in coming to you.




(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 from verse 8 to 10)




Oh God, You are my witness and my salvation. My only consolation is in You. As You know one of my greatest wishes is that of bringing this blog to its fulfilment by covering all the books of the Bible in praise and worship during my time of prayer before I also leave this earth. If it is not You will oh God, I pray to You send me a follower who would be really and truly ready to continue from where I have covered so far every day of the week Amen by means of Your grace and wisdom.




11. For I am longing to see you so that I may share with you some spiritual gift to strengthen you-12. or rather so that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine.




(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verses 11 to 12)




Oh God my Father as much as we spend alot, of money on festivities, marriage celebrations, birthdays among others, we can give each other spiritual gifts such as intercessions or even a piece of paper with a biblical verse that during a particular moment of tribulation may be worth billions more than a lump of pure gold Amen.  




13. I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that I have often intended to come to you (but thus far have been prevented), in order that I may reap some harvest among you as I have among the rest of the Gentiles.



(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verse 13)




Oh God, my Father even though as in the case of St.Paul we have good intentions for doing this and that, such projects may not always be according to Your will. Moreover, it could be the case that as a result of such projects others whom we are not aware of may be hurt both physically, emotionally and even spiritually. Therefore instead of helping us, You block our ways until we become aware, or You make us aware of the consequences of our actions. Therefore when we find ourselves facing a brick or stone wall or standing behind a door that absolutely does not want to be opened, instead of feeling discouraged or rebellious towards You my God it is best to stop and reflect if You are blocking are efforts for reasons that at the given time we are not yet aware of and pray for discernment in order to discover Your will. Amen. 




14.  I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish 15. hence my eagerness to proclaim the gospel to you also who are in Rome.




(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verses 14 to 15)


Oh God, my Father I am also  indebted to those people who have not yet form part of my circles and have not yet received these posts containing these moments of prayer.  I pray oh God my Father, that those who receive these chapters will continue  spreading the link, so that all the people of the world will be able to  experience You by means of the message of the 'Good News' Amen.




16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith; as it is written, "The one who is righteous will live by faith."




(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verses 16 to 17)




Amen, I am also proud of the Gospel. It is the bread by which I sustain my body, the breath that gives me life. It is the only way to my salvation, which I truly hope and wish that I be worthy to receive my place in heaven if this is according to Your Will. Amen.




18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those who by their wickedness suppress the truth.




(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verse 18)




Oh God my Father ,woe it be on to them who even try to hinder the message of the 'Good News' from being spread throughout the world or even attempt to proclaim a version that is totally false and contrary to Your teachings, for they end up subject to Your anger for this can cause great harm to us believers. I pray oh God, that when praying on the Bible, I include that what is true, and that which is according to Your will Amen. 



19. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.



(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verse 19)



Oh God my Father ever since we were children we have been given and made aware of Your existence, however, some still when becoming adults refuse to keep on believing while others become more in relationship, with You Amen because now that they have grown up they have moved from the state of simply hearing about You, to the stage of actually knowing You intimately through a daily life of prayer and other channels that You have used by which to call us Amen.



20. Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, indivisible though they are have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse; 21. for though they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened. 22. Claiming to be wise, they became fools; 23. and they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling a mortal human being or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles.



(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verses 20 to 23)



Oh God my father You have revealed Yourself completely by means of the Holy Spirit who has enlightened many of us to proclaim truths about Your indivisible nature and in relation to other issues of that we hold as being the truth, however as in all cases there are those who oppose and chose not to believe and follow other man-made or other religions. In name of the Roman Catholic Church I plead forgiveness if by my actions or my words, I am of a bad example to others so much that they decide to follow other religions Amen.



24. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the degrading of their bodies among themselves, 25. because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!Amen.




(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verses 24 to 25)



Oh God my Father some of us instead of giving their love, praise and adoration to You have truly degraded their bodies by submitting their bodies under the high heels of females who dominate them by inflicting harm on their bodies in order to experience pleasure over their victims, who in turn worship the dominators body parts such as their feet or shoes instead of giving worship to You my God and Father Amen.




26. For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, 27. and in the same way also the men giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.



(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verses 26 to 27)



Oh God my Father even though such people are not living according to the form or style that You wanted them to live and in our eyes appear as being weird or abnormal, as they themselves state, we are still to love and accept them as brothers and sisters, for even though they are living according to their passions they still love You in their own ways.




Oh God my Father although You can never accept or approve of the shameless acts, nonetheless You still love such people who are living in such a way Amen. In the name of our brothers and sisters I pray for Your mercy my God and Father and please give us an attitude of acceptance and not one of judgement, for You also forgave Mary magdalen the known sinner and You also forgive me. Amen.



28. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done. 29. They were filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, craftiness, they are gossips, 30. slanderers, God-haters, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, rebellious towards parents, 31. foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32. They know God's decree, that those who practice such things deserve to die- yet they not only do them but even applaud others who practice them.



(The Letter of St. Paul to the Romans Chapter 1 verses 28 to 32)



Oh God my Father, every day we are faced with the option of either following You or the ways of the world. If we follow You we benefit from Your love and mercy, however, if we follow the ways of the world we will end up victims of our own sinful ways, which may be according to the ways of the world but not acceptable by You Amen.



Oh God my Father I would like to end this chapter with the following prayer:-



Oh God my Father, I thank You for making me a Christian and Roman Catholic. I also thank You for calling me back to live a life closer to You by means of these moments of prayer. I thank You for the Bible for by means of the Good News, You reveal Yourself to me each day or moment of my life. I thank You for the new job that You have given me. Amen. I pray that You continue to help me so that I can pursue my studies and be ready and prepared to undertake such a job. Amen.

 Thank You Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment